ALLESTREE resident Naomi Wilson can be forgiven if she is wary about preparing horse feed in her shed from now on after she was bitten on the arm by a venomous brown snake on Monday afternoon.
Ms Wilson said she did not see or feel the snake bite her, but definitely felt the pain from the bite soon after, and then presented at Portland District Health’s accident and emergency department.
“There were two small puncture marks that looked like a snake bite, but it was July and you don’t expect to be bitten by a snake this time of the year,” she said.
“The doctors believed it was a snake bite and when the blood and urine tests came back, they confirmed it was a bite from a brown snake.”
Ms Wilson said she did pass out several times on Monday during treatment at Portland Hospital, and was still suffering from blurred vision, dizziness and pain in her arm a few days after being bitten.
Read more in Friday’s edition of the Portland Observer.