IN the colder months of the year many families use gas heating to keep warm, but it is important that they’re aware of the dangers that a faulty heater could pose.
Energy Safe Victoria has once again sent out a warning to all Victorians about the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning after the recent death of a Ballarat man who had used a gas patio heater indoors.
However, it isn’t just the use indoors of gas heaters designed for use outside that can be dangerous.
All gas heaters, if not serviced, could potentially develop leaks or pose the risk of carbon monoxide poisoning, with older models being the most likely and dangerous.
Carbon monoxide, which cannot be seen and has no smell, can be lethal if it is breathed in over a period of time.
Read more in Friday’s edition of the Portland Observer.