- Jilliby Daphne makes it four wins on the trot when she surges home to win the Melton Saddlery Pace at Hamilton Harness Racing Club’s pre-Easter meeting. Flaming Hero, though, was the star of the show, impressing many with a 25 metre domination of the 1660m King’s Bakery/Café 3YO Pace.
- Dunkeld won its fifth premiership in six years after winning the Cavendish and District Tennis Association’s grand final over Victoria Valley.
- The Hamilton Croquet Club had success at the South West Championships in Warrnambool, with Helen Hadden winning Division Three and Nancy Smooker winning Division Four.
- GoGetta Kelpie Stud had dual successes when Joe Spicer’s ‘GoGetta Brue’ became National Yard Dog Trial champion, while Sharon Barry’s horse won the Australian National Arabian Stockhorse Entire title.
- Hamilton trainer Allan Clark returns to the winner’s list after a 173 day drought in style with a double at Terang, thanks to Gem Of Kingston and Oomoo Chance.
- Amanda Huf is named as the inaugural Hamilton Kangaroos’ A grade netball captain, alongside Kane Uebergang who is given the honour of leading the senior football team.
- Heywood picks up where it left off, destroying Westerns by 76 points in the grand final rematch opening round of the SWDFNL season, although Sandford sat on top of the ladder after a big win over Branxholme-Wallacedale.
Full story in The Spectator on Saturday, December 28, 2013.