- A three bounce dash down the wing and long goal from Roger Morris inspires Hamilton Kangaroos to their third win of the season over Port Fairy. Incidentally, to this point of the season, whenever the senior football team had won, it was as part of a clean sweep for all of the Roos’ football teams.
- Wickliffe Lake Bolac performs a miraculous comeback to kick 11 goals in the final term to overrun Penshurst, which held a 34 point three quarter time lead, taking the Magpies’ wining streak to 11.
- Grass Roots won the Hamilton Table Tennis Association grand final with Pat Fitzgerald and Zhongnan Nie winning a rubber each, plus the doubles, to defeat Abby’s Angels’ Nathan Van Hees and Sue Irvin.
- The Western Waves Cricket Team of the Year is announced with HDCA players Michael Brilley, Toby Knight and Bram Goodwin joining Casterton DCA player Lionel Balzen in the 12-man squad.
- Mayorofshinetown burst clear in the straight to win the main race, the Mountain View Stud Pace at the Hamilton Harness Racing Club’s July meeting.
- Young HDCA cricketers Luke Merryfull, Tim Goodman, Sam Lambevski, Clare Nolte, Alice Johnston and Ebony Smith are invited to attend state squad trials.
Full story in The Spectator on Tuesday, December 31, 2013.