CASTERTON all-rounder was rewarded for a stellar season in the Casterton and District Cricket association by being named the cricketer of the year as well as winning the association batting trophy award with an average of 63.7.
Other award winners were:
• Bowling average- Chris Carter (Edenhope) 6.81;
• Wicketkeeper’s award:- Aaron Robertson (Merino) 14 catches, 1 stumping;
• Under-18 achievement award – Peter Staude (Pigeon Ponds);
• Kookaburra Rookie of Year – Murray Staude (Pigeon Ponds);
• Casterton News Most Valuable Player – Troy O’Connell (Wando Vale) 15 votes;
• Player of finals series -Murray Staude (Pigeon Ponds);
• Murrell Family (Cricketer of the Year) – Ricky Killey (873 points); and
• Premiership shield and cup – Pigeon Ponds (Fourth premiership in a row).
Full story in the Casterton News on Wednesday, March 19, 2014.